Stereo Power Amplifier
Thanks to the VOLTAiR technology the Performer s800 needs far less components in the signal path than common power amplifiers. The preamplifier can directly drive the bipolar power amplifier transistors. Extremely fast, direct, highly efficient and with an extraordinary sound.
The Performer power amplifier effortlessly controls the speakers with a power of up to 2x 285 W into 4 ohms out of an analog linear power supply with toroidal transformer. In Bridge mode the Performer s800 delivery 450 W into 4 and 8 ohms speakers.
In stereo operation this bi-polar transistor power amplifier delivers up to 2x 285 W into 4 ohms speakers. In Bridge Mode it delivers 450 W into a 8 ohms speaker.
The Performer s800 is equipped with slave-through outputs and input trim switches.
The power supply is equipped with a capacitance of 40800 µF for screening and electricity storage for faithful reproduction of impulse peaks.
At about 70° C at the heat sink, the amplifier will switch off. After the temperature has fallen below 55° C, the amplifier automatically switches on again. The Temp LED on the front indicates the overheating.
If DC is detected at the outputs, the amplifier automatically switches off. DC voltage can be an indication for a defect in the power stage. The Performer s800 does not automatically switch on again. It needs to be disconnected from the power (on/off). The Protect LED on the front indicates that the protection circuit is activated and the power stage has been switched off.
The input can be lowered via a Trim rotary switch from 0 dB to -5.5 dB in 0.5 dB steps. This is useful in order to a achieve an optimal stereo sweet-spot in acoustically sub-optimal rooms. In bi-wiring line-ups or in the studio with multi speaker sets it allows to level speakers with different efficiency to equal loudness.
The speaker outputs are gold plated binding post connectors. The terminals can accommodate both banana plugs, as well as a strand of up to 4mm diameter. To protect against short-circuits the Binding post is equipped with a clear plastic cap.
The Performer: High-End In Compact Design
- Neutrik XLR, balanced, Pin 2 = (+)
- Input impedance: 10 kohms
- Input trimming: 0 dB to -5.5 dB in 0.5 dB steps
- Input sensitivity: +6 dBu
- Output impedance: defined by connected device
- Crosstalk: -110 dB (@1 kHz)
- 2 pairs binding posts with ø4mm cable hole (screwable) and banana plug; fully encapsulated
- 2x 285 W RMS into 4 ohms
- 2x 185 W RMS into 8 ohms
- 1x 450 W RMS into 8 ohms in bridge mode
- 74 V Peak-to-Peak (stereo)
- 180 V Peak-to-Peak (bridge)
- 35 V RMS (stereo)
- 86 V RMS (bridge)
- < 0.031, 20 Hz to 20 kHz (stereo)
- < 0.043, 20 Hz to 20 kHz (bridge)
- > 300, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, at 8 ohms (stereo)
- > 190, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, at 8 ohms (bridge)
- 9 Hz to 100 kHz +0, –0.03 dB
- < 9 Hz to 200 kHz +0, –3 dB
- > 118 dB (wide-band, unweighted, referred to full power output)
- > 123 dB (A-weighted)
- 26 dB (stereo)
- 32 dB (bridge)
- < 0.03 % at 1 kHz, at 185 W, 8 ohms
- < 0.19 % at 20 kHz, at 185 W, 8 ohms
- < 0.011 % at 1 kHz, at 450 W, 8 ohms
- < 0.12 % at 20 kHz at 450 W, 8 ohms
- Mains voltage (switchable): 230 V AC / 50 Hz or 115 V AC / 60 Hz
- Fuses: 230 V: T 4 A; 115 V: T 8 A
- Power consumption: max 900 VA
- Idle power consumption: 40 W
- 278 mm W x 100 mm H x 370 mm D
- 10.95" W x 3.94" H x 14.57" D
- 12.8 kg; 28.2 lbs (unit only)
- 14.0 kg; 30.9 lbs (shipping)
0 dBu = 0.775 V. Subject to change without notice.