Active analog 2-way crossover
The Crossover is one of a kind.
It is analog! No DSPs, no AD/DA conversion.
It is active! It fits to all kinds of speakers.
You can tune crossover frequencies and phase response all in the analog domain in real time with real switches and controls. And –of course– with SPL's unique VOLTAiR technology. That means headroom, dynamic range and real sound in abundance.
- X-Over frequencies
- Phase control
- X-Over on/off
- Low Cut
- Low Level
- VU meters
- AMP CTL (Amplifier Control)
But now, here is the solution: the SPL Crossover. Fully analog, 120V-VOLTAiR technology, user friendly and amazing sounding.
The crossover frequencies for LOW and MID-HI are identical and can be switched individually from 50Hz to 120Hz in 6 steps.
The LOWpass filter is 24dB/octave steep. The MID-HIpass filter can be switched from 12dB/octave to 24dB/octave. Set to 24dB/octave both filters operate in a Linkwitz/Riley design.
The Phase control can be switched off and taken out of the signal path if not needed to maintain the shortest possible signal flow.
If needed, the toggle switch engages the Phase control at 0° phase or at -180° phase. From these two starting points the phase can be varied from 0° to +180° resulting in a full 360° phase circlewith the Phase control pot.
In case you have two subwoofers (one for each L and R) this switch should be set to Stereo. If you only use a single subwoofer this switch should be set to Mono. The Crossover generates a mono signal of the LOW frequency content and puts it out on both LOW outputs (L + R). You can decide which one to use.
We have opted for a big knob because this control is not only to adjust the speaker system but it can also be fun to use when recordings lack bass content or the medium does not delivery much bass like vinyl.
As the Crossover is operating after the preamplifier the audio level is rather low and the needle would remain left most of the time. For a better visibility the sensitivity of the VU meters can be increased with the VU toggle switch.
Another toggle switch allows selecting the levels to be displayed. The standard position would be "In" showing the input levels. The VUs can alternatively show the levels of each section LOW and MID-Hi.
To achieve this connect all units' AMP CTL sockets with 3.5mm mono-jack cables.
The Crossover: High-End In Compact Design
- Neutrik XLR, balanced, Pin 2 = (+)
- Impedance: ca. 20 kohms
- CMR: -82 dBu (at 1 kHz)
- Max. Input Level: +32.5 dBu
- RCA, unbalanced (single-ended)
- Impedance: ca. 10 kohms
- Max. Input Level: +32.5 dBu
- Crosstalk at 70 Hz: -70 dB
- THD: 0,0014% @ 30 Hz (0 dBu)
- Noise (A-weighted): -104,9 dB
- Dynamic range: 136,9 dB
- Frequency range: MID-HI Frequency (50, 60, 70, 85, 100, 120 Hz) to 300 kHz ( -3 dB)
- Crosstalk at 1 kHz: -70 dB
- THD: 0,0008% @ 1 kHz (0 dBu / Filter on)
- Noise (A-weighted): -106.0 dB
- Dynamic range: 138.0 dB
Internal Operating Voltages
- Analog: +/- 60 V
- Mains voltage (switchable): 230 V AC / 50 Hz or 115 V AC / 60 Hz
- Fuses: 230 V: T 630 mA; 115 V: T 1.2 A
- Power consumption: max 50 VA
- Stand-by power consumption: 0.1 W
Dimensions (incl. feet)
- 278 mm W x 100 mm H x 330mm D
- 10.95 in W x 3.94 in H x 12.99 in D
- 11.90 lbs (5.4 kg), unit only
- 15.43 lbs (7 kg), shipping/li>
0 dBu = 0.775V. Specifications subject to change without notice.