The Auto-Dynamic De-Esser is a specialized audio tool for removing undesired sibilant frequencies in a very simple and musical way.
The S-removal is based on phase cancellation which does not compromise the timbre and natural character of the recorded vocal track.
The Auto Dynamic De-Esser monitors the entire frequency spectrum and automatically detects the sibilant frequencies. The bandwidth is set so narrowly around the range of the sibilance that neighboring frequencies remain unaffected. This frequency band is mixed back into the main signal phase-inverted to cancel out the sibilance. The result is a sound-neutral, inconspicuous and extremely effective process. Even at high s-reduction values the de-essing has an egligible effect on the character and timbre of the voice.
The detected sibiliance is mixed back into the main signal phase-inverted so that only the S-sounds are cancelled. The S-reduction control sets the intensity of the S-reduction.
You can set the detection to better find sibiliance in male or female vocals by selecting the respective Male/Female button.
- Instrumentation amplifier, electronically balanced (differential), transformerless
- Nominal input level +6 dB
- Input impedance =22 kOhm
- Output impedance < 600 Ohm
- Max. input level +24 dBu
- Max. output level +22.4 dBu
- Minimum load 600 Ohm
- Relay hard bypass / power fail safety
- Frequency response 20 Hz-50 kHz (50kHz= -3dB)
- Common mode rejection > -80 dBu @1kHz
- Total harmonic distortion 0.002% @ 1 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio -93 dBu (CCIR 468-3)
- Signal-to-noise ratio -98 dBu (A-weighted)
- Toroidal transformer 15 VA
- Fuses 315 mA (230V) /630 mA (115V)
- GND lift switch
- Voltage selection switch 115 V / 230V
- WxHxD: 482 x 44 x 237mm; 19" x 1.73" x 9.33"
- Weight: 3.4kg; 7.5lbs
0dBu = 0.775V. Subject to change without notice.