GainStation 8 Mk2
8 Channel Microphone and Instrument Preamplifier
The GainStation 8 Mk2 is the premium recording front end featuring 60V audio rail.
This preamplifier combines Class-A Clean Gain with sound-shaping Tube Gain bring the fullest sound palette to your recordings.
Recommended Retail Price
- GainStation 8 Mk2
- Sonic excellence
- 60V DC Audio Rail
- Clean Gain
- Tube Gain
- Peak & FET Limiters
- Mic Input Impedances
- External power supply
The quality of your recordings has a major influence on the subsequent mixing process – good recordings require less processing in later stages. Improved transparence and understandability can be achieved with less equalization and compression if the signals are recorded optimally, often allowing individual signals to be mixed at lower levels without compromising their presence.
Extremely low-frequency signals are tight and transparent with clear intonation. Percussive transients are interpreted more precisely, which leads to a clearer rhythmic content and in turn a more solid rhythmic performance and perception.
That doubles the voltage of traditional preamplifier designs, resulting in a superior 130dB dynamic range and an extraordinarily alive, detailed image.
- Separated Class-A and tube preamps.
- Tube saturation from subtle to brutal
- A tube stage utilizing premium MKP foil condensers and a select 12 AX7 LPS tube for clear, dynamic audio
- Peak/FET Limiter
- Polarity Reversal
- 48-volt phantom power,
- LED level indicators.
- Switchable Mic Input Impedance (200 Ohms, 1,2 & 10 kOhms)
- Custom-made, fully discrete, Class A op-amps
- 60V DC Audio Rail operating voltage—twice as high as most common op-amps—for an extended dynamic range.
- Extreme amplifier slew rate of <40V/µs, ensuring clean transmission of high-frequencies and rapid transients
- All switch functions are handled by encapsulated relays with gold-plated contacts.
- Optimized layout guarantees the shortest possible signal paths, while generously proportioned grounding surfaces ensure low impedance and maximum shielding
- All resistors are within 0.1% tolerance and were selected after extensive listening tests
- A no-compromise power supply with extensive additional shielding and seven separately wound and regulated voltages
‹1Hz-125kHz (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain off, +/- 0.5 dB)
‹1Hz-310kHz (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain off, +/- 3 dB)
‹1Hz-125kHz (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain 1dB, +/- 3 dB)
0,00038 % (Clean Gain 24 dB, Tube Gain off, 20-22 kHz, +25 dBu output level)
0,032% (Clean Gain 23dB, Tube Gain 1dB, 20-22kHz, +25dBu output level)
-99,6 dBu (Clean Gain 10dB, Tube Gain off, 20-22 kHz, A-weighted)
-94,6 dBu (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain off, 20-22 kHz, A-weighted)
-68,4 dBu (Clean Gain 60dB, Tube Gain off, 20-22 kHz, A-weighted)
-86,5 dBu (Clean Gain 20dB, Tube Gain 10 dB, 20-22kHz, A-weighted)
E.I.N. 128,4 dB (Clean Gain 60dB, Tube Gain off, 20-22kHz, A-weighted, 40 Ohm)
Dynamik range (20-22kHz, A-weighted): ›130 dB
CCMR ›80 dB
(Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain off, 1kHz, Input -30dBu, without Lundahl transformer)
Maximum output level: +34 dBu
Maximum input level (Mic Input, Hi-Z Input): +17 dBu
Input impedance (Instrument Input): ›1 MOhm
Output impedance ›75Ohm
Phantom power 48 V +/-2 V
Power consumption 140W
Dimensions & Weight:
(W x H x D): 482 x 88 x 237mm; 19" x 3.46" x 9.33"
Weight: 6,3kg; 13.9lbs
External power supply: (W x H x D): 219 x 85 x 257 mm; 8.62" x 3.35" x 10.12"
Weight incl. power cord: 6,8kg; 17.7lbs
0dBu = 0.775V. Subject to change without notice.